- Develop and maintain a business development strategy that will result in an ever-growing base of quality host organizations.
- Research and meet with potential suppliers on the market who could further streamline and scale our processes.
- Officialize partner and supplier agreements.
- Positively represent the company in the coworking space, community, and industry functions.
- Lead and manage the division to make sure all trip inclusions are being delivered to customers smoothly, efficiently, and on time.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement; valuing outstanding customer service.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to all team members.
- Direct and manage daily performance, address employee concerns, maintain team satisfaction.
- Facilitate team development meetings to develop key areas including skill building, time management, conflict resolution, personal development, and team cohesion.
- Positively represent the Canadian division among the other international offices.
- Assist all teams with escalated customer feedback or concerns; using acute problem solving skills to find favourable resolutions.
- Remain knowledgable and current on travel industry changes and patterns; consistently advising team of any airline availability, or costing changes.
- Meet frequently with other key departments to deliver product information, and identify areas for improvement and development.
Financial Management & Reporting:
- Drive results by managing an efficient, knowledgable and customer-focused inbound team that delivers our product to the best of their ability.
- Maintain accounting records and correct application of budget.
- Submit a report to HQ that tracks all weekly inbound activity.
- Forecast and maintain tracking methods for all arrival and placement data, and ensure custom CRM is meticulously updated.
- Review monthly invoices to identify any inaccuracies before submitting to finance team.
- Maintain an understanding of the financial processes and systems.
- Attend monthly operations meetings with management to report on Canadian division progress.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- Previous experience in a general manager role
- Experience in the travel industry or well-traveled
- Ability to lead and drive small teams (10-15 staff)
- High attention to detail
- Management experience and financial management/reporting
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
Global Work & Travel is one of the world’s leading online youth travel brands. Born on the Gold Coast and now operating in 6 countries, we’re growing again and looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team in Vancouver, Canada.
As the name suggests, we provide young people with experiences to work & travel abroad, from working holidays in Canada to teaching in Italy and volunteering in Costa Rica and 50 other trips in between, we also help with visas and offer tours, flights and travel insurance. Established in 2008, we have helped over 70,000 people to see the world as more than a tourist.
YOU HAVEN'T SHORTLISTED ANYBODY YET