The QA Manager will serve as an expert resource regarding quality and food safety at every stage from sourcing through manufacturing to distribution. This will involve developing professional relationships with all functional teams and external service providers to ensure product safety strategies are implemented. This role also needs strong collaboration with Operation, R & D, purchasing, sales, marketing, and other areas to integrate food safety and quality goals into strategic plan.
- Leading the development, implementation and maintenance of the Quality and Food Safety programs and assuring cross-functional alignment and accountability
- Collaborate with all departments, take ownership of the quality management system; develop and execute company quality standards and quality assurance program
- Identify FSQA risks and establish proactive methodologies for mitigation
- Management of supplier approval program including FSVP
- Continually strive to meet and improve King’s Pastry’s protocol for achieving the highest level of quality and food safety.
- Ensure Data Integrity and security access of proprietary information is maintained
- Assist QA specialists and production team leads in employee training, food safety culture reviews etc.
- Communicate clear goals/objectives to plant personnels and direct reports to ensure food safety and quality objectives are accomplished.
- Staying abreast of new food laws and regulations and assuring the business unit is in compliance with all local, state and federal food laws.
- Develop action plans on Quality and Food Safety metrics that align with the overall business objectives.
- Develop a robust microbiological testing program that ensures food safety standards are met.
- Evaluate root cause analysis and responsibility along with initiating corrective and preventative actions
- Manage Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs)
- Develop and evaluate quality systems effectiveness by reporting timely internal and external quality metrics
- Coordinate and play the role of a Lead Auditor during Monthly Internal GMP Plant inspections and ensure Report and issues are reported to the management.
- Leads and coordinates SQF Internal Audit
- Coordinate QA DDS, HACCP Team Meetings, KPI Reviews Meetings, and Management Review Meetings. Communicates existing gaps in the system to the management and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for completion of all verification and validation activities for Food Safety program
- Participate in daily production meetings; relay and discuss pertinent information as it relates to compliance with safety and quality
- Manage and execute periodic performance reviews for direct report
- Follow up and communicate changes to SQF Code requirements to the Management Team.
- Deals with customer and supplier complaints. Responsible for complaints trend analysis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- Experience leading major projects related to continuous improvements, culture and/or root cause analysis
- In-depth knowledge of food safety systems and HACCP principles and experience implementing and maintaining HACCP plans.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality principles
- Experience leading BRC or SQF audits
- Experience with GFSI certification schemes (SQF, BRC, etc.) and leading BRC or SQF audits
- Efficient computer skills and the ability to leverage technology to achieve goals.
- A demonstrated ability to drive results in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of statistical application
- The ability to handle conflicting situation
- Proven change management skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills to influence and motivate others.
- Able to perform in a team environment, collaborating with all levels of the organization
- Effective problem-solving skills, including the ability to solve problems at a root cause level, and determine corrective actions necessary to sustain improvements
- Good understanding of customer quality requirements and experience dealing with customer issues
- Ability to use data to develop KPIs, trend review, manage and drive measurable results
- Enthusiastic attitude, with a passion for continuous improvement
- Good understanding of sense of urgency and make sound judgement to cope with a crisis situation
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coach team
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in food science, microbiology or related field
- Background in food microbiology is a major asset.
- 5 + years of progressing experience in chilled/frozen Ready to Eat (RTE) Food Manufacturing environment, Food Safety and Quality at supervisory or managerial level.
- Certified SQF practitioner
- Experience as Lead Auditor
- Knowledge of CFIA (FSEP), FSVP, FSMA, regulations are mandatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with proficient verbal and written communication abilities in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Possess a positive work attitude and high emotional quotient when dealing with conflicting situations
Established in 1996 by three immigrants from Montreal looking to provide more delicious desserts for grocery, restaurant and hospitality providers. King’s Pastry has grown from a small, humble commercial bakery to become a leading manufacturer of cakes, pastries and other desserts for every retail and food service need. We are a classic tale of hard work, perseverance and adaptability, which is why some of North America’s largest retailers and providers like Costco, Walmart, Safeway, Loblaws, Sysco and Gordon Food Service, amongst others, trust us to support their bakery programs.
Based in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside of Toronto – one of the most multicultural cities in the world – we draw inspiration from the incredibly diverse cultural and food scene around us to create unique, innovative and internationally-inspired flavor profiles for the masses. We understand what it’s like to establish new roots in a community, and know how important it is to find things that connect with those around us. Whether it is through delicious desserts, nostalgic tastes or building strong relationships around us, we are always looking one step ahead at emerging flavor trends to identify the next desserts consumers will desire so everyone can Taste the World.
Details of awards will be provided during the initial screening.
Details of benefits will be provided during the initial screening.
YOU HAVEN'T SHORTLISTED ANYBODY YET