- Lead plant sanitation activities including monitoring of chemical usage and ordering
- Work with sanitation crews as well as team leads, production, maintenance, to effectively clean/sanitize equipment and plant prior to resuming operation.
- Responsible for crew performance through training, coaching and performance feedback to assure delivery of effective sanitation processes
- Monitor compliance through hands-on monitoring, inspection, swabbing, environmental monitoring and coaching.
- Maintain and administer plant sanitation records to monitor performance and improve sanitation practices
- Administer, maintain, and monitor conformance to Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Work closely with production and maintenance to establish effective sanitation practices necessary to maintain a food safe environment.
- Coordinate training of sanitation and janitorial partners on required job responsibilities.
- Perform water/air testing and determine action plan if deviation occurs
- Perform cleaning validation for new recipes, new chemicals, extended runs, new equipment, etc.
- Trouble shoot sanitation related matters
- Maintain Pest Control program by working closely with PCO
- Maintain a safe work environment through deployment and monitoring of lock-out/tag out and MSDS training and monitoring processes
- Maintaining good working relationship with pest management, cleaning service provider, uniform, waste disposal, and chemical service provider
- Develop corrective actions for EMP and swabbing
- Purchase production tool to ensure the tools used are of sanitary design
- Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs, Standard Operating Procedures, internal audit to define and monitor processes, to ensure audit readiness.
- Routinely maintain and update food safety documentation
- Assist in the preparation for food safety audits (includes annual third-party GFSI audit, internal audits, customer 2nd party audits, supplier audits)
- Administer, and maintain Food safety programs including policies
- Participate HACCP team meetings
- Perform monitoring and verification activities for HACCP and Pre-reqs and food defense
- Identify and coordinate relevant training and communication to ensure quality systems, HACCP and Food Safety program are implemented effectively
- Ensuring all training, SOPs and record reviews are completed as per schedule
- Identify gaps and continuous improvement opportunities in best practices
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- B.Sc. in Food Science or other related science degrees
- Minimum 5 years experience in Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), GFSI standards (SQF, BRC), Food Safety guidelines and Food Sanitation procedures
- Internal and external audit experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized with time management, team player able to collaborate and work independently
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt and be a quick learner in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Flexible working hours based on business needs, including working nights or weekend shifts
- Ability to read, understand, and follow documents and procedures.
- Fluent in English and Chinese is an asset
Established in 1996 by three immigrants from Montreal looking to provide more delicious desserts for grocery, restaurant and hospitality providers. King’s Pastry has grown from a small, humble commercial bakery to become a leading manufacturer of cakes, pastries and other desserts for every retail and food service need. We are a classic tale of hard work, perseverance and adaptability, which is why some of North America’s largest retailers and providers like Costco, Walmart, Safeway, Loblaws, Sysco and Gordon Food Service, amongst others, trust us to support their bakery programs.
Based in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside of Toronto – one of the most multicultural cities in the world – we draw inspiration from the incredibly diverse cultural and food scene around us to create unique, innovative and internationally-inspired flavor profiles for the masses. We understand what it’s like to establish new roots in a community, and know how important it is to find things that connect with those around us. Whether it is through delicious desserts, nostalgic tastes or building strong relationships around us, we are always looking one step ahead at emerging flavor trends to identify the next desserts consumers will desire so everyone can Taste the World.
Details of awards will be provided during the initial screening.
Details of benefits will be provided during the initial screening.
YOU HAVEN'T SHORTLISTED ANYBODY YET