The successful candidate will be responsible for both developing entirely new products and innovating over our existing technology stack. This will involve research, analysis, design, planning, teamwork, collaboration, and mentoring of team members to help shape the product to be the best it can be.
- Coordinate daily with your team to deliver features, bug fixes and optimizations.
- Collaborate with team members to build solutions that exemplify Engineering Excellence, following solutions through the entire SDLC, ensuring quality and organizational standards are met from start to finish.
- Promote development practices and processes that optimize our codebase for reuse and scalability.
- Utilize monitoring tools to troubleshoot customer issues, defects and performance issues across.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, such as Product Owners and QA, to deliver features that solve customers' problems effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with Designers and Backend Engineers to ensure UI/UX best practices are met.
- Continually look for new and innovative ways to improve our code base, processes and solutions.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced Engineers.
- Raise risks and blockers promptly and effectively, ensuring your team’s progress is not impeded.
- Maintain, contribute to, and promote excellent technical documentation and foster a culture of strong documentation practices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Frontend technologies and trends.
- Take complex features and collaborate with designers and product owners to break them down and develop them in a manner that aligns with our software patterns and best practices.
- Interface with Tech Leads, Product Managers and Project Managers to understand projects in detail, adopting a critical stance and asking key questions that help refine requirements.
Skills and Requirements
Must have skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with equivalent professional experience is required.
- Have a minimum of 7 years of related industry experience.
- Familiarity with Agile practices and concepts.
- Experience building complex web applications with AngularJS.
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practices and modern CSS practices for building responsive, scalable solutions.
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing and an understanding of different testing strategies more generally.
- Solid web development fundamentals, understanding security considerations and browser limitations.
- Ability to manage time, personal tasks and competing priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with team members and a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for improving the customer experience, systems and processes.
Nice to have skills
- Have experience with Saas products or company.
- Hands-on experience with React
- Experience with building, working with and maintaining Design Systems.
- Experience with integration testing tools, such as Cypress.
- Experience with Ionic and/or hybrid app mobile development.
- Experience mentoring and coaching Junior Engineers.
We advance careers and grow teams
GTA believes great talent deserves great opportunities. We match talented senior tech and data professionals from across the world with excellent jobs in Canada, and we work with employers in Canada's tech sector to expand their hiring pools worldwide and find top talent easily. Our team is always finding faster, more efficient ways to redistribute the world's supply of tech brilliance —so that everyone succeeds.
Details of awards will be provided during the initial screening.
Details of benefits will be provided during the initial screening.
YOU HAVEN'T SHORTLISTED ANYBODY YET