- Analyze system/application designs and implementations from a technological standpoint; design and deploy remedies to identified problems
- Ability to identify and correct errors in order to assign tickets to the appropriate squads
- Ticket triage and management are two important aspects of the ticketing process.
- Own and resolve complex customer issues from start to finish, from analysis and interpretation through recommendations and resolution.
- Conduct evaluations, reviews, and risk assessments.
- Using GCP to deploy, configure, and manage cloud architectures and technologies (Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, DataStore)
- Troubleshoot and fix issues with cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Troubleshoot and use what you've learned to create new protocols and best practices.
- As part of successful project delivery, ensure correct documentation, standards, and operational preparedness.
- To support existing and new emerging technologies, use and enhance change management best practices.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external product vendors to build solid partnerships.
- Drive process improvements in a proactive manner.
- Procedures and methods for improvement are being developed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of high-quality systems and infrastructure.
- In a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, collaborate and exchange best practices with brilliant colleagues.
- Work both individually and as part of a cross-functional team.
Skills and Requirements
Must have skills
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced workplace
- Self-starter who is willing to take on and accept responsibilities.
- With more than 5 years of relevant experience, superior technical and analytical capabilities, and the ability to make and own technical judgments,
- Supporting large-scale, high-availability services and applications in a corporate context is a plus.
- Assist customers with specific difficulties by assessing, interpreting, resolving, or making recommendations.
- Willing to work as part of an on-call rotation during holidays, weekends, and overnight.
- Experience in incident management, problem management, and operational excellence in a highly available 24x7x365 environment. (Normal working hours are throughout the daytime business hours.)
- Adherence to strict change management processes and procedures
- Operational system administration, and infrastructure build and deployment experience in a large scale enterprise environment
- Experience with cloud-native tools and cloud environments (GCP, AWS, Azure, Linode, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes on-premise and/or as a managed service in the cloud
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL database engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc., including architecture, setup, maintaining, and troubleshooting
- Experience with containerized solutions leveraging OpenShift, Kubernetes, and/or Docker
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with web application services and reverse proxies such as Apache, Varnish, JBoss, NGINX, HAProxy, or Traefik
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic, Splunk, SCOM, Nagios, etc
- Understanding of cloud architectures
- TCP/IP and software-defined networking concepts operational knowledge
- Advanced troubleshooting tools, such as packet sniffers and debuggers, are required.
- Expertise in scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Proficiency with reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, and others, as well as the ability to create reports and dashboards as needed
- Experience with Agile/DevOps techniques and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Chef, Cloud Deployment Manager, or similar CI/CD pipeline technologies is required.
- Building excellent relationships and collaborating with a wide range of groups and technical teams is a plus.
- Ownership of the services supported must be demonstrated.
- Exercising progressive responsibility
- Strong oral and written communication abilities, as well as the ability to confidently deliver presentations to peers and senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in either computer science or electrical engineering is required.
Nice to have skills
- 5-10 years of enterprise or telecommunications IT experience
- Cloud tools certification
- Experience with deployment and support of mobile and STB applications via Google, Apple, Amazon, and etc. platforms
- Detailed knowledge of IP Video delivery infrastructure, setup, and support
We advance careers and grow teams
GTA believes great talent deserves great opportunities. We match talented senior tech and data professionals from across the world with excellent jobs in Canada, and we work with employers in Canada's tech sector to expand their hiring pools worldwide and find top talent easily. Our team is always finding faster, more efficient ways to redistribute the world's supply of tech brilliance —so that everyone succeeds.
Details of awards will be provided during the initial screening.
Details of benefits will be provided during the initial screening.
YOU HAVEN'T SHORTLISTED ANYBODY YET