- You will provide systems administration and technical consultation for media platforms and keep track of multi-network application environments with various monitoring tools.
- Analyze system/application designs and implementations from a technological standpoint; design and deploy remedies to identified problems.
- Ticket triage and management are two important aspects of the ticketing process.
- Run a predefined procedure, playbook on the IT console. (e.g., enter commands via command line, interpret reports/alarms and take the appropriate actions)
- Using tools and consoles to perform report generation and conduct basic analysis of report results.
- Follow the defined process in handling reported Major Incidents by sending incident communications.
- Write a document and report to Level 2 when any issues occur.
- Conduct reviews, evaluations, and risk assessments.
- Address the comprehensive customer issues from assessment, identifying to recommendation and resolution.
- Proactively drive the overall improvement solution for the process.
- Collaborate with and foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders, and externally with product vendors.
Skills and Requirements
Must have skills
- Have over 3 years of experience as a software developer or system administrator in a multi-tiered environment.
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with GCP or AWS IaaS and PaaS, Kubernetes.
- Proficient with troubleshooting tools (packet sniffers, debuggers)
- Highly proficient in scripting(Python, bash, zsh, ksh, ruby, etc.)
- Proficient with monitoring and reporting tools (SCOM, Splunk, New Relic etc.)
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies and DevOps tools (Chef, Jenkins, New Relic, TFS, GIT)
- Proficient with Linux/Unix administration.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prior experience with analytics and creating actionable plans.
- Experience with operation support in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in Monitoring and Alerting.
- Experience with incident management, problem management, operational excellence, within a highly available 24x7 environment.
- Ability to focus on the quality of the service delivered to the end-user.
- Ability to focus on the details in troubleshooting and documenting.
- Excellent with critical thinking and able to assess the situation and prioritize tickets properly.
- Support large scale, high availability services and applications in the Media platform environment.
- Willing and able to work on holidays/weekends/nightshift. (given L1 capability is 24x7x365 operation)
- Understanding of the supporting architecture. (functional and infrastructure)
- Understanding of the most important video service KPIs, and how they impact service performance.
Nice to have skills
- Adherence to the change management processes and procedures.
- Able to work and learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstration of ownership of the services supported.
- Stress management skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, complex issues and have problem-solving skills, decision-making skills.
We advance careers and grow teams
GTA believes great talent deserves great opportunities. We match talented senior tech and data professionals from across the world with excellent jobs in Canada, and we work with employers in Canada's tech sector to expand their hiring pools worldwide and find top talent easily. Our team is always finding faster, more efficient ways to redistribute the world's supply of tech brilliance —so that everyone succeeds.
Details of awards will be provided during the initial screening.
Details of benefits will be provided during the initial screening.
YOU HAVEN'T SHORTLISTED ANYBODY YET