- Responsible for the Company’s Food Safety and Quality Assurance system to ensure that the company adheres to all relevant food safety regulations, industry standards, and certifications (e.g., SQF Code, CFIA, FDA, HACCP, GMP, ISO and other relevant regulations.)
- Develop, implement, and maintain a robust quality management system (QMS) that encompasses all aspects of pastry production and manufacturing.
- Establish and enforce quality control procedures, including inspection, testing, and documentation, at every stage of the pastry manufacturing process.
- Stay current with food safety regulations and industry standards, such as FDA, CFIA, and GFSI, and ensure the company's compliance.
- Conduct internal quality audits to evaluate compliance with quality standards and identify areas for improvement. Coordinate external audits as required.
- Liaison to the company for customer, government and regulatory agencies in regard to investigations, inspections and audits
- Maintaining current and high-level knowledge of existing regulations, customer requirements (quality / food safety), GFSI, AIB, BRC requirements or industry standards, and maintaining clear sight and awareness of changes to the above to ensure effective and timely communication and implementation internally while minimizing negative impact to the operation of the business.
- Collaborate with suppliers, conduct the supplier quality management to ensure the quality and safety of raw materials and ingredients used in pastry production.
- Manage and mentor the Quality teams by adequate allocation of work to the staff, providing guidance and training to ensure each member is constantly being challenged for continuous improvement, reviewing staff’s work and provide timely feedback, providing effective on-the-job-coaching, and ensuring the team is meeting and exceeding KPI’s.
- Provide guidance to operation leaders for best food safety practices and inspire the development of a positive food safety culture. Drive a food safety culture of continuous improvement by identifying process efficiencies, root cause analysis, and corrective/preventive actions.
- Oversee Quality program to ensure product testing and analysis, including sensory evaluations, microbial testing, and shelf-life studies, and bringing on improvements to the Quality program wherever necessary.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive quality documentation, including product specifications, quality reports, and records of non-conformances and corrective actions.
- Oversee the internal audit process, develop preventive measures to address deviations.
- Monitor product micro testing and lead quality and operations teams to address and correct for deviations.
- Serve as an SQF Practitioner to oversee all aspects (e.g., development, implementation, management, training, corrective action, communication, verification, validation, auditing, etc.) of the SQF Program.
- Supervise sanitation & pest control system.
- Oversee quality control processes, including product sampling, testing, and inspection.
- Collaborate with production, R&D, procurement, and other departments to resolve quality-related issues and improve processes.
- Monitor customer feedback and implement measures to address quality concerns and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Manage the quality assurance budget, ensuring cost-effective quality control measures.
- Develop and implement crisis management and recall plans, ensuring swift and effective responses to quality emergencies.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in food science, quality management, sciences (biology, chemistry etc.) or a related field; a master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a Food Safety and quality at food manufacturing facilities
- Deep knowledge of GFSI, SQF, AIB Systems, BRC and FSMA implementation. Extensive experience in quality assurance and quality control, with a proven track record in a food manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of food safety regulations, quality standards, and industry best practices.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Strong quality programs management and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Industry 4.0, 5S and TQM
- Familiar with FDA, CFIA and Nutrition Label.
- Knowledge of allergen control & health & safety.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of ERP system.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Certification in quality management (e.g., Certified Quality Manager) is a plus.
- Fluency in English
Established in 1996 by three immigrants from Montreal looking to provide more delicious desserts for grocery, restaurant and hospitality providers. King’s Pastry has grown from a small, humble commercial bakery to become a leading manufacturer of cakes, pastries and other desserts for every retail and food service need. We are a classic tale of hard work, perseverance and adaptability, which is why some of North America’s largest retailers and providers like Costco, Walmart, Safeway, Loblaws, Sysco and Gordon Food Service, amongst others, trust us to support their bakery programs.
Based in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside of Toronto – one of the most multicultural cities in the world – we draw inspiration from the incredibly diverse cultural and food scene around us to create unique, innovative and internationally-inspired flavor profiles for the masses. We understand what it’s like to establish new roots in a community, and know how important it is to find things that connect with those around us. Whether it is through delicious desserts, nostalgic tastes or building strong relationships around us, we are always looking one step ahead at emerging flavor trends to identify the next desserts consumers will desire so everyone can Taste the World.
Details of awards will be provided during the initial screening.
Details of benefits will be provided during the initial screening.
YOU HAVEN'T SHORTLISTED ANYBODY YET