- Responsible for delivering customer service levels and inventory targets while driving growth through commercialization and supporting productivity objectives. The position is responsible for production planning, procurement, and logistics (oversee inbound transportation, warehousing, repackaging).
- This position will need to improve current business practices and develop strong working relationships with business partners with a total cost management approach. The objective is to optimize the balance between supply availability- cost- inventory investment- and risk of obsolescence. Position leads the development and execution of inventory replenishment strategies that consider supplier/plant capabilities- capacity constraints- & costs while ensuring an uninterrupted supply of product.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive supply chain strategy that encompasses not only warehouse management but transportation responsibilities to further build out and enhance the end-to-end logistics and supply chain operations in Canada and US (e.g. 4PL transportation, third-party warehouse management, repackaging, import/export, and network optimization).
- Developing the supply chain strategy and improving the supply chain’s productivity and reducing expenses & costs to make it more efficient.
- Define the organization’s supply chain strategy.
- Take care of adequate inventory levels for the company’s operation
- Identify bottlenecks and issues in the supply chain, correct possible problems (for example, delays in deliveries)
- Monitor the logistics indicators of the company and meet deadlines and objectives.
- Analyze supply chain data and performance, achieve organizational goals and performance KPIs.
- Implement safety and hygiene protocols in the logistics chain.
- Establish agreements with suppliers to improve profitability.
- Coordinate actions with other company departments to improve.
- Ensure processes meet legal requirements and standards.
- Manages and mitigates the risks associated with volatility of supply, include managing the resources that perform Production Planning/Master Scheduling- and Fulfillment Planning activities to deliver service, cost, and cash flow objectives.
- Solve materials (raw and packaging items) risks that could impact service for the portfolio and work together with sales, business development, marketing, quality, production and R&D to mitigate these risks.
- Owns long range capacity planning- mitigation of gaps in demand and supply and work through operations to find solutions for potential future risks in supply.
- Foster strategic relationships with suppliers, logistics partners, and 3PL providers, ensuring reliability, quality, and optimization across the supply chain network.
- Leads the development and implementation of a transportation strategy in both Canada and US.
- Execute allocation priorities with Sales Operations for USA Customers/SKUs.
- Manage the contract / KPI performance for all 4PL operations across the network (budget performance, customer service, quality, safety, inventory accuracy, etc.).
- Drive the development and management of Logistics budget (inclusive of our enabler & capital plans), prudently allocating resources and overseeing expense management.
- Responsible for managing the full supply chain and driving profitability through effective cost management and optimization of supply chain processes.
- Responsible for crafting a strategic roadmap for IT investments across key areas that identifies and solves technology gaps limiting logistics operations effectiveness.
- Supervise, mentor, and guide a high-performance team. Cultivating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Leads network strategy and execution for Corporate Sustainability initiatives.
- Partner with Customer service to ensure current and upcoming customer requirements can be serviced. Improving customer satisfaction
- Manage warehousing processes to ensure seamless movement of goods throughout the supply chain.
- Develop and implement logistics strategies to enhance supply chain efficiency, reduce lead times, and minimize costs.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) related to logistics, such as on-time delivery, order fill rates, and transportation costs.
- Perform analysis of a variety of supply chain data sets to measure performance, identify trends, model impacts of resource changes, and discover optimization opportunities.
- Take the lead in setting up any new processes, carriers or other delivery methods.
- Assist the logistics team with the execution of delivery of orders as required.
- Continually look for areas of improvement within the logistics process
- Continually review transportation and freight costs and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Assist logistics team to streamline and optimize delivery and transportation processes to ensure efficiency as needed.
- Determine needs, acquire bids and process requests for new equipment if needed.
- Implement any new software or process changes through relevant change management techniques.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing and R&D teams to source raw materials, packaging and logistics solutions.
- Communicate and manage expectations with suppliers (cost, service level, product specifications, quality, etc.)
- Source and onboard new vendors while managing existing partnerships.
- Drive purchase cost savings initiatives and participate in the negotiation of purchase prices.
- Manage inventory levels and perform risk assessments to anticipate and prevent any supply chain issues in the procurement of goods or services.
- Maintain high quality materials and troubleshoot quality concerns, ensuring suppliers provide corrective actions and root cause analysis.
- Be an expert in food ingredients, packaging solutions, and communicate market or industry trends to cross functional teams.
- Project Manager for new ingredients, and packaging initiatives, leading the process from design to purchasing.
- Managing customs documentation for imported materials
- When required, create purchase orders for raw materials and ensure timely deliveries.
- Develops sources for procuring supplies, services, and equipment by attending demonstrations, contacting vendors; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and trade fairs.
- Decides on the supply and distribution methods by tracking the efficiencies of each delivery mode, e.g., road, air, and road.
- Manages returns to suppliers for rejected materials by assuring these rejected materials are up to standard through rejection reasons.
- Heads the supply chain department by ensuring all subordinates are in line and performing according to the department's mandate.
- Manages a group of supply chain assistants and managers by monitoring if they organize and carry out supply chain tasks as assigned.
- Manages compliance with occupational health and safety regulations by setting safety checks.
- Procures quality items by ensuring all purchases are made according to the agreed specifications.
- Grows the supplier database by creating alliances with distributors.
- Ensures timely and correct communication of authorized orders to suppliers to facilitate timely and in-spec delivery of ordered goods and services
- Ensures optimum supplies at all times by reviewing reports concerning inventory levels.
- Ensures appropriate procedure controls and certification are in order at suppliers.
- Improves supply chain efficiencies by automating all key supply chain processes. Implements new technologies to advance competence in supply chain development.
- Weekly review of inventory levels (aging and constrained) to eliminate product waste by working closely with sales and customers to move all stock prior to going past code date.
Skills and Requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Administration degree in Business with a focus on Supply Chain, or similar.
- 5+ years managerial experience in purchasing and logistics in a food manufacturing environment.
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in demand forecasting, inventory planning and order management
- Experience with outbound logistics management required.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to supply chain operations in Canada, US and Asia.
- Strong leadership skills with a professional attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing
- Proficiency in using ERP systems and applications.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office –Excel/ Word, ERP systems).
- Ability to manage confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Capacity to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Maintain the company's interests as the first condition, reduce costs and achieve company goals.
- Proficient verbal and written communication abilities in English
- Mandarin/Cantonese Chinese (preferred but not mandatory)
- Experienced in food manufacturing is an asset.
- Ability to travel within both Canada and the United States.
Established in 1996 by three immigrants from Montreal looking to provide more delicious desserts for grocery, restaurant and hospitality providers. King’s Pastry has grown from a small, humble commercial bakery to become a leading manufacturer of cakes, pastries and other desserts for every retail and food service need. We are a classic tale of hard work, perseverance and adaptability, which is why some of North America’s largest retailers and providers like Costco, Walmart, Safeway, Loblaws, Sysco and Gordon Food Service, amongst others, trust us to support their bakery programs.
Based in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside of Toronto – one of the most multicultural cities in the world – we draw inspiration from the incredibly diverse cultural and food scene around us to create unique, innovative and internationally-inspired flavor profiles for the masses. We understand what it’s like to establish new roots in a community, and know how important it is to find things that connect with those around us. Whether it is through delicious desserts, nostalgic tastes or building strong relationships around us, we are always looking one step ahead at emerging flavor trends to identify the next desserts consumers will desire so everyone can Taste the World.
Details of awards will be provided during the initial screening.
Details of benefits will be provided during the initial screening.
YOU HAVEN'T SHORTLISTED ANYBODY YET